There are a lot of diet plans that offer you reduced amount of calorie intake. A 1000 calorie diet plan is one such very low calorie diet plan. Be cautioned that 1000 calories a day will be suitable for people who exercise minimally and this diet plan is only for a short time frame.
This diet plan should not be continued for more than three days in a row. This is a very low level of calories diet plan so always consult your doctor before embarking on a 1000 calorie diet plan. This diet plan provides us with so few calories that it might be impossible to meet the nutritional demands of the body with this plan.
This plan is generally recommended by doctors when obesity has become a threat to life itself or as a preparation for a surgery. Therefore only after you doctor approves of your plan you should follow this diet. Also make sure that you drink lots of water when following this diet plan and keep your body well-hydrated.
GUIDELINES FOR FOLLOWING A 1000 CALORIE DIABETIC DIETYou do not have to feel deprived when following a 1000 calorie diet. In fact, by understanding a few key guidelines you can create satisfying and fun meals.
- Eat 4 to 6 small meals spread through out the day. This will help you regulate your blood sugar levels.
- Plan meals and snacks in advance to avoid mindless overeating.
- Work on one area of your diet at a time so you do not overwhelm yourself. Start by maintaining your calories and then build your healthy diet from there.
- Eat slowly and savor your food.
- Focus your food choices on lean meats, fish, poultry, beans, low-fat dairy, fruits, vegetables and whole grains.
- Limit food choices that are high in calories, saturated fats, salt and sugar.